- Provided 90 minute rainforest underscore for 'Apocalypto" Motion Picture.
- Composed over 100 pieces of music for Leapfrog (Rugrats, Spongebob Squarepants and others.)
- Sound design for audio tours for the MoMA, Alcatraz, the Met, SFMOMA , Dallas Art Museum, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Whitney, Trend House, Field Museum, de Young and many others.
- Created Nature Maestro Environmental Education Apps for the iPad with Artist Christine Walker and iOS developer Krishna Narayan.
Nature Maestro Rainforest Day Reviews!
- LOVE BEING IN A RAINFOREST: "Beautifully illustrated rainforest with a variety of animals and their recorded sounds. The sound quality is outstanding. Many opportunities to explore and create compositions with natural sounds. A creative and challenging auditory experience." Artist/Teacher
- RAINFOREST DAY: "This is a beautiful, luminous app that transports you via sound to the rainforest, Lovely melody serves as the backdrop to the nature sounds you add by dragging the icons into the scene. Very authentic. You can voice over and send your composition to a friend." Rramlee
Nature Maestro Glacier Bay
- "Beautifully illustrated glacier bay setting with uniques animals and the haunting sounds only heard in the far north. Exploring this setting takes you there. Great sound quality."Artist/Teacher
Nature Maestro Expedition
- FANTASTIC INTERACTION WITH BIOMES: "I am reviewing Expedition with the same enthusiasm I give to the seperate app components Rainforest Day, Rainforest Night and Glacier Bay. These are a dream for parents and teachers to enjoy with their kids. For the 5-7 year olds learning not only about the aniomals of nature, but their groupings and sounds as well as the sounds of the environment they are in, these apps have not only visual pleasure but the interactive ability to compose music with the sounds of the environment. Five Stars!" Educational Speaker
- Radio Production
- Web Development
- Sound Design & Audio Editing
- Music Composition
- Project Management
- Audio Production
- Field Recording
- Voiceover Script Direction
- Guitar and Keyboard Performance
- Proficient in ProTools, Logic, Digital Performer, Wave Plug-ins
- Nature Maestro For iPad: Nature Maestro is an innovative iPad app platform that empowers you to compose and share creative soundscapes using authentic animal sounds recorded in the Costa Rican Rainforest, build audio-rich, imaginative scenes using delightful illustrations of wildlife. Discover fun facts about animals, play audio and visual matching games, and learn about nature.
- See http://www.naturemaestro.com
- Riverwalk Jazz / Petaluma : Senior Producer for Riverwalk Jazz – an hour-long NPR PRI distributed Classic Jazz program. As senior producer, I oversaw production of original hour-long programs. I sourced research material for Margaret Pick (Executive Producer), contributed to final script (written by MP) and produced/directed the narration; oversaw final mixes.
Sound For Film
- Apocalypto: Provided rainforest ambiences and howler monkey vocalizations for Mel Gibson’s ‘Apocalypto’- currently available in DVD.
Audio Design and Production for Museum Audio Tours
Antenna Audio: (All jobs include directing voice talent, recording narration, editing and mixing final stops)
- SFMoMA - Two Immersive Walking Tours - 2016
- Grace Cathedral - Two Tours - 2016
- Burri - Guggenheim - 2016
- Walid Raad - NYMoMA - 2015
- NYMoMA - Picasso Sculpture Garden - 2015
- DAD Museum Ralph Lauren - 2015
- NYMoMA - Broodthaers - 2015
- National Shrine Tour Adult, YA and Children’s Tours - 2015
- Jacob Lawrence Harlem Walking Tour – MoMA NYC - 2014
- Matisse Cut-outs MoMA NYC - 2014
- Georgia O’Keefe – Lake George for De Young Museum, SF - 2014
- Milwaukee Art Museum - Recorded & Edited Biedermeier Furniture Exhibit Audio Tour
- Chicago Marshall Fields -Recorded & Edited Trend House Audio Tour
- Guggenheim Museum - Edited the Kandinsky Exhibit Director's Audio Tour
- Guggenheim Museum - Edited Spanish, French & Italian translations of Director's Tour
- Dallas Museum of Art - Recorded & Edited Fast Forward Modern Art audio tour
- New Orleans Museum of Art- Recorded & Edited 'Femme Femme Femme' Modern Art tour
- Alcatraz- Recorded & Edited Blue & Gold audio tour
- Chicago Field Museum- Recorded & Edited audio tour featuring Peter Sagal of NPR's 'Wait Wait Don't Tell Me'
- SF Designer's Showcase- Recorded & Edited audio tour
- Point of Interest Podcasts for San Diego, Boston, Chicago and New York City
- San Juan Capistrano Monument Tour - French & German Translations
- National Palace Museum- China: Mandarin & Japanese Translations
- SFMOMA- Matisse & Beyond
- SFMOMA - Matisse & Beyond iPhone
- Metropolitan Museum of Art NYC- 'Pietre Dure' Exhibit Audio
- Metropolitan Museum of Art NYC – Oceania Exhibit
- Art Institute of Chicago – Medieval to Modern
- SFMOMA – Freda Kahlo
- SFMOMA – Georgia O’Keefe
- Bay Model Podcasts
- Napa Museum – Envisioning The World
Music For Educational Games: Leapfrog
- Composed over 400 individual pieces of music ranging from 3 to 45 seconds in length for educational toys.
- Projects: Disney’s Princesses, Dr. Seuss (One Fish Two Fish & Woset), Stanley, Rugrats & SpongeBob Squarepants
- EA Spore: Provided creature sounds
- Great Waves/Chicago Tribune - Redwoods, Educational CD-ROM; Prairies, Educational CD-ROM
- Media Vision - Forever Growing Garden Original music and sound design for educational CD-ROM game, developed by C-Wave
- National Audubon Society - Interactive CD-ROM Guide to North American Birds Original music underscores and 66 original 20-second soundscapes specific to individual ecosystems
- Virgin Interactive/C-Wave - Slice ’n Hook Original music, sound effects creation, and sound design for a haunted miniature golf CD-ROM game
Instrumental Albums: Composing, Field Recording, Production, Project Management from Concept to Master.
- The "Last Great Places Series" was commissioned by The Nature Conservancy and The Nature Company/Discovery Communications, Inc. All titles except for Cloud Forest are currently available through CDBaby.
- Cloud Forest - Original music with nature recordings from Costa Rica
- Glacier Bay - Original music with nature recordings from Alaska
- Bayou - Original music with nature recordings from Louisiana
- Caribbean - Original music with nature recordings from Belize, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Dominica, and Antigua
- Prairie - Original music with nature recordings from North and South Dakota
- Ocean Planet - Original music with natural sounds from the world’s oceans
- In Joyful Harmony - Compilation of international children’s choirs singing traditional songs of joy and peace, including sourcing of recordings and recording of the Warsaw Boys’ Choir
- Wonders of the Season - Natural Wonders, Inc. Original arrangements of traditional Christmas Carols combined with sounds of nature.
- All titles except for In Joyful Harmony are currently available through CDBaby
- All projects feature Dennis Hysom singing and performing on guitar along with other musicians and character voice talent sourced and directed by Dennis. Also includes all songwriting, creative direction, project management, and sound design. Audio projects have been released through BMG Kidz, United Media Licensing, Tortuga Press and Compozarts.
- The Wooleycat’s Favorite Nursery Rhymes /BMG KIDZ/United Media Licensing - 12 original songs audio package Winner of 1992 Early Childhood News Directors’ Choice Award The 1992 National Parenting Seal of Approval The 1993 National Parenting Publications Award (Gold Medal)
- The Wooleycat’s Favorite Fairy Tales - 14 original songs audio package Winner of 1992 Early Childhood News Award Winner of the 1994 National Parenting Publications Award (Honors Medal)
- The Wonderful World of the Wooleycat - 45-minute home video Animal Songs for Everyone - Original and newly arranged traditional songs featuring recordings of animals
- SongPlay Hooray! - 13 original songs audio package Winner of the 1990 Parents’ Choice Gold Award the Wooleycat Tales - Original songs on audio cassette
- Wooleycat's Musical Theater - A 32-page picture book with 10-song CD, published by Tortuga Press, 2003. One of the “Top Ten Winter Book Sense” children’s books of 2003-2004.
- Dennis Hysom - If you'd prefer CDs, please contact Dennis directly.
- Nature & Music Downloads ~ CD Baby
- Children's Music Downloads - CD Baby
- Wooleycat Website
- Nature Maestro Apps - iTunes Store
- Nature Maestro Website
- Earth In Concert
- Thankyou to these wonderful collaborators:
- Dan Alvarez ~ co-wrote and co-produced Bayou, Caribbean, Ocean Planet and Ancient Voices.
- The Children's Music was co-written with Christine Walker, my brilliant and relentless creative partner.
- The Discovery Music Children's tracks were produced by Al Johnson and arranged by Tim Hosman.
- The Jenkins tracks were originally produced by Peter Bunetta.
Completed sound design for two Grace Cathedral audio tours in San Francisco - a family tour - complete with a treasure hunt - and an adult tour. Produced by Christine Murray for Antenna Audio, the production team included Allison Dufty, James Morgan, Karl Soehnlein, John Dill and Ruth Wilson. A bunch of very talented folks!